|DIY or Die|
|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||September 29, 2017|
|Written by|| Peter Lenkov|
|Directed by||Stephen Herek|
Muscle Car + Paper Clips
- Murdoc, Mac's Dad and Elwood Davis were all mentioned, but did not appear.
- This episode takes place in Syria, Cuba, California, Egypt and Istanbul, Turkey. While Barcelona, Spain, Kiev, Ukraine, Patagonia, South America and Cairo were all mentioned.
- Angus MacGyver and Jack Dalton tracked Mac's Dad his last known location to a hostel in Barcelona, Spain, then to a crash-pad in Kiev, Ukraine, which led to a cabin in Patagonia, South America before Matilda Webber called them back to The Phoenix Foundation.
- Samantha Cage is a former Special Air Service Regiment, (SAS) 4 Squadron, special forces unit of the Australian Army, later becoming a CIA agent.
- This season has a new opening from Season 1.
- This episode takes place 2 weeks after Cigar Cutter and guy is just leaving rehab.
- Angus MacGyver and Jack Dalton brings up Murdoc's history.
- Egypt and Turkey are all located in Africa, while Syria is part of Asia but all are part of The Middle East.
- The Middle East is a transcontinental region centered on Western Asia and Egypt in North Africa.
- Isabel Lucas joins the teams and is credited as a series regular.
- Lucas Till revealed an in interview all voice over work was done on Sundays. So for Season 2 he asked to explain his steps on-camera so he could have a day off from work.
Jack Dalton: You swing like a little girl.
Cuban: (hit's him harder)
Jack Dalton: ...Yeah. That was more manly.
Cuban: Why are you looking for this man!
Jack Dalton: (mimicking accent) He datez my sister.
Cuban: What's so funny?!
Jack Dalton: (hits him in the face)
Angus MacGyver: You know, you could have hit him with your fists.
Jack Dalton:I know, but a headbutt sends a much clearer message.
Angus MacGyver: Anyways! With this watch my dad taught me, with the right parts you can make anything. Even time.
Samantha Cage: I'm yet to hear a question inside all that innuendo Jack!
Samantha Cage: I don't fish in the company pond. I never enter relationships with men or women I work with.
Jack Dalton: It's a fortress! it's probably got a drawbridge and a dungeon.
Angus MacGyver: Actually it's a hissar. One of the castles built by the Sultan during the Ottoman Empire between 1299 and 14..53? AD
Samantha Cage: Did you just man-splain to him?
Jack Dalton: It's no man-splaining if it's man-to-man. It's just splaining.
Samantha Cage: I played soccer from the time I was 4, all the way through college!
Jack Dalton: Yeah, yeah. And I was the kicker for my middle school team.
Wilt Bozer: Yeah, it'll take more than a knife-wielding psychopath to stop me. I mean, not much more, but...
Matilda Webber: Oversight has informed me that I need to officially need to warn you both about your role in this mission.
Angus MacGyver: ...Wai- An official warning, that's it?!
Angus MacGyver: (Looks over at Jack)
Angus MacGyver: That's it?!
Jack Dalton: I got so many warnings on my official record, I've lost count.
Angus MacGyver: Oh yeah!
Matilda Webber: It'll go on your permanent file!
Jack Dalton: So what?!